Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas!!!!

Christmas day has come and gone. It's always bittersweet to start packing up all the memories and start preparing for the New Year but this year I feel different. It seems to me that there is no better time for a new year than after the celebration of our Savior's birth. This is what Christmas is about:

'For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.' (Luke 2:11)

But you can't fully appreciate the birth without the Cross and all that it brought:

'He was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed.' (Isaiah 53:5)

As we prepare for a new year, I am so thankful for the new heart I have through Christ. My dreams, my life, my hopes, my desires have all been made new and I celebrate that and the Cross, just as much as the sweetness of the babe born in a manager. Of all the gifts that this season brings, there is one that always proves worthy.

Salvation.

It will not break. It cannot crack. It does not fail. It takes no batteries. It NEVER wears out.
I cannot think of any better gift. Better yet, there is no better Giver! I hope the miracle of this season and the promise of the New Year brings you all just as much comfort. Merry Christmas!

No comments: