Sunday, January 13, 2008

Where to begin????

As most of you know Harold left last Saturday morning (Jan. 5th) to do his annual tour for the Reserves in Dover, DE. He was to be gone for 15 days. I saw him off early that morning and knew I was in for a long two weeks away from him. He arrived Saturday, got settled in on Sunday and started work Monday morning. I received a call Monday morning at 5:45a.m. that Harold was on the way to the emergency room. He was standing at work just talking to some of the others there and passed out, falling straight back hitting his head. He says that he felt sick...his vision went...and the next thing he remembers was people asking him if he was okay. His glasses were knocked off...He bit his tongue...Knocked his jaw out of whack and had a pretty good bump on his head. So he was at the hospital and they were going to start an EKG & CT Scan to make sure there wasn't anything obvious going wrong. I immediately got to the airport and was on a flight to Philly by 7:30a.m. I got to Philly and rented a car to drive to Delaware. Thank God for GPS systems! Anyway, I was there by late afternoon and he was released with the instructions for further testing. Sooooo, the next couple of days were spent going back and forth with the medical unit on base to get him the labs & blood work he needed. Finally on Thursday the doctor on base recommended that he be released to come home and be further evaluated by a cardiologist & neurologist. Friday we were on our way home and I'll take him to Maxwell tomorrow to see his commander and get the medical people there to write the referrals to see the specialists. He has had some dizzy episodes, headaches, night sweats & a little high blood pressure since all this occurred so we're hopeful that we can either find out what's wrong or rule out what's not wrong. A healthy 35 year old shouldn't be just blacking out so we gotta do some digging and I'll keep you all updated as things progress.

I'm so thankful that we live in such a great city for medical care. I have no doubt that we'll get great care. I'm doing fine. I was a bit concerned about the baby on Monday because I was so full of anxiety but I'm sure he/she is much better in there than out here! We go to the doctor in a few days so that will be much needed confirmation that all is well. Please just say a quick prayer for us if we pass through your thoughts. The Lord has drawn close to us and we rest knowing that our health, our home, our life, our love is in the most careful Hands. What more could we ask for???


jennyhope said...

oh girl I am so so praying. Did they say if he had a seizure?
Anyway, keep us updated and I will continue to pray and ask Rod to pray as well!

Isaiah 41:10
10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

imaqueenie said...

2 letter...1 word...
give up??
m and m!

DeDeandMatt said...

I'm going to start blogging again... Our blog is up, although rather skinny... go to:

Anika Lodree said...

Heather & Harold, you both are in our thoughts and prayers.