Saturday, February 16, 2008

the midnight train OF georgia...

For the past several nights I have been awaken by Georgia. It usually occurs sometime after midnight. At first I thought it was a coincidence that she was kicking when I got up but now I know better. Her kicking is waking me up because it's a pattern. Seems she enjoys 'taebo' after midnight. When I say that she is full force kicking, I mean full force. The doctor said that Harold wouldn't be able to feel her until 24-25 weeks. Ummmm...not so much. He has already coined her as having 'scholarship legs'. Meaning that one day, for sure she'll be able to go to college on those kicks. Too funny!

Also, something quite funny happened this afternoon. I was sitting in the chair doing some work and she started really moving. Probably because I had eaten a whole pack of Hot Tamale candies, but anyway she was going at it. So I pulled my shirt up and I could see her kicking!!!! It was so amazing. So I started talking to her and kind of pushing in where she was kicking and she started kicking even more right there in that spot....like she knew I was talking to her and she was 'talking' back. We went back and forth for a good 5 minutes. It was the best. I will never forget that experience.

So anyway, we got an active little girl on our hands. Good yes...Super. However, I am still hopeful that she likes naps too. Otherwise, Harold and I are in for an even bigger surprise :)

2 comments:

jennyhope said...

Morgan NEVER moved until night time...I kid you not and the child still doesnt go to bed...maybe this will be different for you! =)

Sherry said...

Lily did that too!! It was so sweet. I'd push, and she'd kick! Mine were always active at night and had their days and nights confused for the first week or so! You are their teacher, so you'll get um straight!!:)