Friday, May 16, 2008

Our doctor's appointment was Wednesday morning...Tuesday night I was having contractions every 5-7 minutes for over a hour. I thought it just might be the real thing but I feel asleep knowing we'd see the doctor in a few hours. She checked everything and said that her head is already low and I've already started to 'thin out'. They weren't real labor contractions and she assured me that they will continue until she arrives and I will no doubt know when it's the real thing. Exciting, huh? Even though this process of thinning out/dilation can last for weeks it is neat to know that it has begun. Sooner than later our little girl will be here and we get to meet face to face at last. Funny how I already know so much about her and then again she's a complete mystery to me. God just works that way though. Of all the wonderful things I know about Him, there is still so much that remains a mystery and will be until we too meet face to face one day. He already knows everything about this sweet baby girl and I am so glad that He chose me to share her with...So we will wait in anticipation of all the things to come during this season in our lives and one thing that I know for sure is:

"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived
what God has prepared for those who love him"
1 Corinthians 2:9

Good things await us and I can't wait to share them with you all.

No comments: