Tuesday, July 29, 2008

First time for everything...

Georgia has been quite busy the last several days. She is holding her head up so good now and has started to smile lots more and I pretty sure I've heard that sweet voice of hers a couple of times as well. She's growing so fast and is just about outgrown all of her newborn onesies. The past days have brought lot of new experiences as well...

She made her first campus visit to Samford where her daddy works and was finally greeted by all the sweet people there who have anticipated her arrival since the beginning. She'll be seeing lots more of that place in the years to come. Thank you all for loving her and us!

Then on to another campus I happen to be quite fond of...The Lovliest Village. Georgia made her way to Auburn for the weekend to spend some quality time with Chief & Cissy. She was such an angel on the car ride there and back home. Harold and I went on a date and ate at the pizza place where we had our first date. The conversation was amusing as we remembered sitting in that spot almost 6 years ago as almost strangers. God's plans are good and it was really nice to take the time to remember the amazing things He has done in our lives and be thankful for His perfect will.

And now...my sweet baby girl has her first cold. A nasty one at that. I'm to blame though. I didn't feel so hot over the weekend and probably should have tried as much as possible to stay away, but she is irressistable and now I've learned my lesson. The sound of her coughing and sneezing and struggling to breathe is enough to bring me to tears hourly. My dad always told me when I was sick or hurting that he wished it was him and not me...I completely understand that now. I would be sick a thousand days if it spared her one. Never underestimate a parent's love.

More pictures will come soon, I just didn't have time to download them all from the last days but here is a couple from last week...Such a big girl :)



3 comments:

DeDeandMatt said...

LOOK AT THAT LITTLE NUGGET

jennyhope said...

I love all of the pics!!! She is sooo cute! Girl I was right on the hair I voted it would be yours!!! Love her~

Kelli Lane said...

She looks so much like Harold! She is precious!!