Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Super Tuesday...

Hello, Hello...Been M.I.A. lately. Sorry about that. Hope all is well. Lots going on in the Goss household. First of all, GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!! All three of us went to vote today. Georgia has another 17.5 years to use her political voice, but you have to start them early right? What a privilege we have in this country to vote for our leaders. AND more importantly what a responsibility we have as believers to support, respect and pray for them. No matter which side of the aisle they come from.
Last weekend we bought her an exersaucer (sp?) and she loves it! Her little feet barely reach the bottom and we have to stuff something behind her to stabilize her, but it provides much entertainment for the little one.
And we have reached the stage where EVERYTHING goes into her mouth. Her hands, my hands, toys, you name it...I was concerned about germs at first and then decided that it is pointless...Oh well. She'll be alright.
Her palate seems to prefer the sweeter things in life. Shocking ;) She's now had green peas (hated), squash (not her favorite), sweet potatoes (okay) and all the fruits...apples, pears, bananas, prunes, peaches. She loves them all. Good eater I tell ya. Well...good at eating the sweet stuff. Gotta work on that.
On a completely other note...you'll never guess my luck. I don't win stuff usually. I have never been the '10th caller'. But a few weeks ago I voted for the product below to win on Ideablob.com and the company emailed me today to say that they had a random drawing for the 'Memory Quilt' and I won it! They are even going to sew it for me! This quilt is such a special way to use some of the clothes Georgia has worn as a newborn. Basically you just use the template provided to cut squares of fabric from the items you'd like to use...then alternate them with a solid fabric they provide and sew it together to make a quilt as shown with all your babies clothes (or whatever you choose). The kits comes with all the safety pins, backing & directions OR an addressed envelope to send all the pieces to them for completion. I can't wait to get the kit and send all the pieces for our quilt. I'll post pics as soon as it's done.
All you new moms & moms to be, this is such a perfect way to keep those sweet newborn memories somewhere besides a tupperware container in the attic! Here's the website if you're interested:

No comments: