Wednesday, February 9, 2011

sharing spaces

sometimes i don't fully realize how beautiful it is to be able to share our 'space' with this girl of mine.  let's be real...stained slipcovers and dirty carpets and colored on walls and torn book pages don't always seems so...beautiful.  sometimes the mess is all i can see.  but then i upload a bunch of random pictures and i'm able to look at our space and our lives and our time together through different eyes.  eyes that are freshly awake, not tired from the day or from the mess.  and i can appreciate this beautiful chaos around me in ways that is a gift. 


me in her space: 


2-9 003 


when i went to get her from a nap she wanted me to lay with her.  i couldn't resist.  the bars could have broken.  the mattress could have snapped.  all hell could have broken loose and we would have been unaware.  just thankful to share some space together...


her in my space:


2-9 005 
i love this picture because it so represents the best of this time together.  my husband would say that my closet habit is NOT my best {or at least he hopes not} but he will tenderly allow my daughter's shoes to be perfectly placed amoungst the mess so that we both can be reminded to enjoy every second of this beautiful chaos.  and to just be thankful to share this space together...



1 comment:

melissa said...

oh the beauty....my friend, this says it all!!!! Just yesterday Brandon and I were laughing because we found one of the girl's socks under our pots and pans in the cabinet in the kitchen. We will miss these days...